It can be challenging to stay on the path to wellness in today’s hectic, fast-paced world. Between long hours at the office and a busy home life, many individuals find themselves bogged down by weakened immune systems, chronic pain, and other troublesome conditions. Here at Integrative Natural Medical Clinic in Pasadena, Dr. Amaliya Santiago and our team specialize in chronic conditions. We take great pride in helping individuals achieve their health and wellness goals through natural modalities, and we would love to help you too! Allow us to tell you a little bit about Dr. Amaliya Santiago and the naturopathic treatments we offer.
Naturopathic Medicine in Pasadena
About Dr. Amaliya Santiago
Dr. Amaliya Santiago comes from a long line of doctors and other medical professionals. As her own children struggled to overcome symptoms associated with autoimmune diseases, Dr. Amaliya Santiago sought to find a solution. As a result, she developed a set of naturopathic protocols which combine traditional Western medicine and naturopathic medicine in search of long-term treatment options, and so began the journey to opening Integrative Natural Medical Clinic in Pasadena.
Dr. Amaliya Santiago has the following certifications and accreditations:
- A degree in naturopathic medicine from Washington’s prestigious Bastyr University
- Dual degrees in Biology and Political Science from California State University in Los Angeles
- A certified diagnostic ultrasound technician
- Hands-on training and education in medical hydrotherapy in Germany
- Hands-on training with Dr. Frank Shallenberger. She is one of only a small number of instructors working at the course alongside Dr. Shallenberger providing her time, knowledge, and experience as she instructs new Ozone Therapy students on the technical / practical and theoretical applications of Ozone Therapy protocols.
To learn more about how Dr. Amaliya Santiago and Integrative Natural Medical Clinic can create a holistic, comprehensive wellness program that combines proven, science-backed methodologies, contact our naturopathic clinic in Pasadena today.
Naturopathic Treatments We Offer
All too often, traditional practitioners recommend invasive surgery, harmful medications, and steroid injections as temporary solutions in an attempt to resolve chronic pain issues. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was a non-invasive treatment that effectively reduced discomfort to joint, neck, and back pain, as well as pain associated with ligament and muscle tears?, prolozone therapy is a type of natural medicine that has done just that for individuals across the world. This treatment is designed to rebuild and regenerate damaged ligament and muscle tissue by stimulating the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Dr. Amaliya Santiago and our staff at Integrative Natural Medical Clinic are happy to speak with you to determine if this is the best method of natural pain relief for your needs.
This form of naturopathic medicine uses stem cells to treat or prevent certain diseases and conditions. How does it work? Stem cell therapy actually encourages tissue and cartilage to regenerate naturally. As a result, the treatment has revolutionized the physical therapy and holistic medical worlds like no other treatment has previously. This innovative naturopathic therapy has helped many individuals with joint, ligament, tendon and muscle injuries experience healing with reduced symptoms and increased mobility.
Medical ozone therapy has been gradually spreading in America for over the last 25 years. The use of ozone to treat various medical conditions was first developed in Germany in the early 1950’s and has been common practice throughout Europe.
Many common ailments and conditions begin with a weakened immune system and unhealthy processes within the body. Oxygen therapy, also known as ozone therapy, is a natural treatment that is designed to help provide relief for a conditions such as heart disease and circulatory disorders, chronic infections such as hepatitis-C, herpes, Lyme, and AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, diabetes, heavy metal toxicity, bacterial and fungal infections, breathing disorders and many other autoimmune diseases.
Ozone has may properties that account for why it works so well not only for macular degeneration, but also for most other chronic age related conditions:
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. When the immune system is under active, for instance with cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines. Examples of cytokines are gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha just to name a few.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell.In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen. This is a common condition in diabetics.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions will significantly benefit from ozone treatment as it will help with circulation.
- The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative diseases, from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this problem as it is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C. Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.
Autotherapy is the most common and in most cases the most effective way ozone is administered. The patient sits in a chair and has from 6-12 ounces of blood removed into a sterilized bag, ozone is injected into the bag and gently shaken to allow the red and white blood cells to take up the ozone. The ozonated blood is then returned to the body which can take about 40 to 60 minutes. Due to its many therapeutic properties, ozone can be used as part of a therapeutic plan for almost every disease.
Dr. Amaliya Santiago has been working side by side and now teaching along side with Dr. Frank Shallenberger how to properly administer ozone treatments. It is important to keep in mind that ozone therapy when combined with an individualized program of other alternative and natural therapies, such as nutrition and detoxification you are guaranteed to see most effective results.
To book a session, please contact our office.
Vitamin deficiencies and dehydration can leave you feeling lethargic and ill, as can the after-effects of cancer treatments and radiation. IV therapy is a form of naturopathic medicine that replenishes essential vitamins and minerals within the body to provide a fast and effective treatment for a wide variety of conditions. Unlike oral supplements that lose efficacy as they make their way through the body, IV therapy introduces nutrients directly into the bloodstream to deliver a targeted dosage that is appropriate for your specific health concerns. Integrative Natural Medical Clinic offers a wide variety of IV therapies, including those for dehydration, infection, radiation recovery, and more.
Contact Integrative Natural Medical Clinic
Are you ready to take the first step in making your health and wellness a priority? If so, then Dr. Amaliya Santiago and the team here at Integrative Natural Medical Clinic are here for you. From state-of-the-art stem cell therapy to IV therapy treatments, you can count on our team to provide you with a new approach to naturopathic medicine that can help you feel your best. Contact our clinic today at 626-714-7400 or book your appointment online now. We look forward to hearing from you!